Finding the best realtor for you involves doing some leg work. It can be overwhelming, kind of like choosing which ice cream you want to try! You go to the ice cream store and they have over 50 flavours and after you have contemplated, you opt for vanilla, just because it was easy.
Finding the best realtor for you is not “vanilla.”
Here are five questions you should always ask your potential real estate agent:
1. How does your experience benefit my real estate transaction? Where the agent just completed a course on negotiation skills or sold a home in your neighbourhood, they should be able to bring a unique edge to the table.
2. If you were buying or selling your home, what would you look for in an agent?
This question is a great way of getting the inside scoop on the industry. What do industry professionals see as an essential asset? How does each agent vary in those priorities?
3. Tell me about a recent work success. Give the agent a chance to discuss their latest win, and you’ll learn what they’re passionate about and how they’ll turn your home search or sell into their newest achievement.
4. What are your most effective approaches to marketing a home? Rather than the standard ‘how will you market my home,’ ask which methods are delivering results. If your agent is particularly successful with new school social media or tired and true networking, you’ll have expectations on how they’ll tackle selling your home.
5. Give the rundown of the conditions, commission fees and agreements. These basics will play a major role in how you choose your real estate agent. Ask for the specifics at each interview, and you can see how each partnership measure up.